Everyone admires people who are able to operate large motor bikes. These sorts of people are viewed as modern, adventurous, and even cool. However, an aspect that is not typically glamorized is the high rate and risk that accompany these large motor bikes. Motorcycle accidents occur at astounding rates each year, resulting in severe injuries, costly expenses, and extreme inconvenience.
Contact a Florida Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycle accidents should not be taken lightly. Here’s what to do if you are in a motorcycle accident:
- Check to see if you (and any other passengers) are safe. Check for injuries and blood. If there is excruciating pain and/or blood, contact a medical professional immediately.
- Avoid attacking the opposing party. Any unsatisfactory behavior may negatively impact your case in the future. Instead, kindly request the driver’s license, car registration information, insurance information and general contact information from the other driver(s) involved.
- Contact the local police department.
- Take pictures of the scene (such as street lights, street signs, damages, etc.). This can be extremely beneficial later during court proceedings.
- Contact a motorcycle accident lawyer!
Motorcycle Safety Tips | Orlando Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
At 911 Biker Law, our personal injury lawyers want to represent you after a motorcycle accident, but we also hope to educate you and your family in order to prevent future motorcycle accidents from occurring. Below are a few general safety tips that may reduce the risk of getting into an accident:
- Buy a bike that fits you
- Wear protective gear (like helmets, gloves, safety glasses, etc.)
- Do not drive on wet, slippery roads (if possible)
- Always be on the lookout for road hazards and pedestrians
- Drive defensively
- Follow traffic rules and regulations
- Avoid unnecessary distractions
Still have questions?
Check out our Motorcycle Accident FAQs!
For more information on how to keep yourself safe and avoid damages to your motorcycle, you should contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney.
Personal Injury Attorneys for Motorcycle Crash Victims
Many motorcycle riders think that they won’t be entitled to personal injury damages for accidents that do not involve actual contact with another motor vehicle, especially in cases where the other driver didn’t stop after forcing the bike off the road. At 911 Biker Law, our motocycle crash lawyers can advise you about the different ways to collect money damages in Florida for single-vehicle motorcycle accidents.
Attorney Michael B. Brehne is an experienced accident attorney who rides motorcycles himself. He’s also a former police officer and auxiliary state trooper who has investigated numerous bike crash scenes in the scope of his law enforcement duties. He knows that you don’t need to prove the details of a full-contact collision to recover damages for another driver’s negligence.
Contact 911 Biker Law in Altamonte Springs, FL, for a free consultation for insurance and injury cases, and learn about your right to compensation in single-bike accident cases. If you have uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage under your own motorcycle insurance policy, your case should be investigated and settled like any other hit-and-run accident claim. If your insurer refuses to accept your version of the accident, we can apply our investigative experience to support your right to money damages.
Dedicated Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
The injuries characteristic of a non-contact, hit-and-run motorcycle accident case can be just as serious as they would be in an actual collision with another vehicle. We use our experience with the proof of damages claims to protect your interest in full compensation for such injuries as:
- Head, brain or facial injuries
- Multiple fractures
- Severe lacerations or road rash
- Extensive soft tissue trauma
- Neck, back or spinal cord injuries
- Amputation or loss of an organ
Our Orlando personal injury law firm also represents families in Florida wrongful death litigation when single motorcycle accident injuries prove fatal. At 911 Biker Law, we combine a thorough understanding of motorcycle riding, motorcycle safety and motorcycle accident dynamics with advanced trial and negotiation skills for evaluating, developing and proving serious injury claims. To learn more about our approach to client service in single-bike accident cases, contact our motorcycle accident attorneys at 911 Biker Law.