Road Hazard Accident Claims
Injury Lawyers For Accidents Caused By Dangerous Roads
When a biker hits the open road, they shouldn’t have to worry about suffering injuries from unsafe conditions such as potholes, cracks, faded street paint, rough pavement, uneven lanes, or a lack of functioning traffic control devices like traffic signals and signs. Expecting roadways to be well constructed, in good repair, and possess ample lighting isn’t asking too much. After all, there are many rules and regulations in place to ensure roadways are designed with these basic safety standards in mind. Of course, that only makes it more tragic when a government agency or roadwork company perpetrates negligence that results in the injury of a motorist.
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident caused by hazardous road conditions, a motorcycle accident attorney from our Orlando law firm can help you pursue proper compensation.
Contact us today to request a consultation!
Establishing Liability For Road Hazard Injuries
Establishing liability in accident cases involving roadway hazards can be tricky. This is because depending on what kind of road hazard leads to your injury, there will be numerous possible parties that may be held liable. Parties liable for damages in accidents involving road hazards may include:
- Government entities. The state government and municipal authorities are responsible for maintaining a majority of Florida’s public roads. Accordingly, should a government entity fail to warn motorists of dangerous road conditions or make necessary roadway repairs they may be held liable for injuries caused by those hazards.
- Construction contractors. Government entities often hire private companies to design, build, and maintain roadways. If one of these companies constructs a road that’s dangerous, performs shoddy maintenance, or fails to warn motorists about hazardous road conditions around a construction site they may be held financially liable for injuries incurred in an accident.
- Roadway material manufacturers. If a road’s asphalt, guardrails, traffic signals and signs, or any other kind of material/equipment fails to meet basic safety standards and causes or worsens an accident because of a defect, the injured party may seek compensation from the manufacturer responsible for that product.
- Property owners. Owners of property situated along roadways who litter the road or fail to prevent an object on their property from obstructing the road can be held liable for injuries incurred as a result of their negligence.
It’s not uncommon for accidents caused by road hazards to be the fault of more than one party, in which case, a personal injury attorney can help you pursue compensation from multiple liable parties.
Compensation For Accidents Caused By Road Hazards
Just like with other kinds of auto accidents, once an at-fault party is deemed liable, the injured party will be able to seek compensation for economic and non-economic damages. Common damages claimants may be able to recover compensation for include:
- Medical Expenses
- Therapy Costs
- Loss Of Present & Future Wages
- Property Damage
- Pain & Suffering
- Wrongful Death
How Our Auto Accident Attorneys Can Help
If you or a loved one were injured in an accident caused by dangerous road conditions, our skilled attorneys can help you determine who should be held liable, pursue compensation, and navigate insurance complications.
If you believe you have a case against a government entity that’s failed to provide safe roadways, don’t wait to file your claim! In Florida, there are strict deadlines for filing personal injury lawsuits. Contact our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers today to request a consultation and take the first steps toward obtaining justice!