911 Biker Law’s Fearless Leader and Attorney Michael Brehne in Key West at the 2011 Key West Poker Run
The Key West poker run is an amazing event! Over 10,000 motorcyclists and enthusiasts come out to enjoy the poker run, people, and the beautiful Florida Keys. Along the ride there are multiple stops to draw your hands, enjoy contests, bikini bike washes, food, drinks, vendors and so much more! This is an event that you don’t want to miss!
Check out the Motorcycle Monster’s video below for a preview of this event in past years. The Key West Poker Run is full of characters and friends. There is probably no place as colorful as Key West during the Phil Peterson Poker Run.
Despite the fun and festivities, attorney Michael Brehne always advocates motorcycle safety. Here are some of his key tips:
- Wear the right apparel. Eye protection, such as goggles or shatter-proof sunglasses, sturdy shoes with a good grip, long sleeves or a jacket, and long pants are a must.
- Wear an approved helmet. Helmets should be Department of Transportation (DOT) approved.
- Ride smart. Avoid riding aggressively, especially when in traffic.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs. Never drive under the influence.
- Adhere to maintenance schedules. Tires and brakes must be changed much more frequently for motorcycles than for cars.